What are Periodontal Cleanings?
Periodontal cleanings are dental services that aim at treating common dental diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis. This treatment is mainly recommended for adults though young people may also require regular periodontal maintenance in special cases.
What are Periodontal Scalings?
Periodontal scaling is a dentistry procedure that mainly aims at removing tartar, bacteria and plaque around the gum line. The main cause behind the need for these services is accumulation of debris that may lead to inflammation of the gums.
How to Avoid Frequent Periodontal Cleanings and Scalings.
- Use a toothpaste recommended by your dentist
- Observe good oral hygiene practices such as brushing your teeth at least twice per day and flossing daily
- Sometimes, dental health issues are as a result of poor diet. Sugary snacks are proven to increase dental health issues
- Lifestyle habits such as smoking are known lead to chronic periodontal disease. Quitting smoking will reduce your risk of periodontal disease and other known health issues
- Recent studies have shown that olive oil used in cooking, instead of other oils, reduces plaque formation
If you have any questions regarding the services we provide, or you would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 713-523-6848.